After an amazing 2021 we’re happy to announce that we’re able to continue our placements throughout 2022 and we’re already starting to get booked up throughout the year with volunteers already scheduled from January – December.
The travel rules and restrictions have slightly changed recently so we’ve put together this post to help with your preparations. Luckily the pandemic has been very well managed in Ghana so we’ve had low cases throughout, the strict border controls ensure that any imported cases of covid are caught at the airport before being able to affect the country. Arrival through Kotoka International Airport is still the only entry point and land borders remain closed.
Current Restrictions in place –
- All arrivals must be fully vaccinated – (This is one dose of Johnson and Johnson, or two doses of AstraZeneca, Pfizer, Moderna or Sputnik V)
- Undergo a COVID test 72hrs before departure – Take a Polymerise Chain Reaction (PCR) COVID test. Visit https://africacdc.org/trusted-travel/ for a certified list of providers.
- Underago a COVID test on arrival at Kotoka Airport which needs to be paid online by time of arrival.
- Visa for nationals other than ecowas citizens
- Yellow fever vaccination certificate
Although this may seem daunting, it’s fairly easy to arrange and you will receive further instructions in your welcome pack when you join our team. We’re also with you each step of the way to ensure a smooth start to your trip and luckily for our volunteer family it’s been fairly smooth sailing so far!
If you’ve got any further questions or need any assistance just drop us an email via email@example.com